[pct-l] Snow trips

i remember a few years ago when the weather was so bad. i am not sure that anyone completed the pct S->N without skipping the Sierras and then coming back to them.

I met Brian Sweet that year and he completed thr PCT but had to stop at kennedy meadows and skio the sierras and start south bound from canada.  when he finished, he was near whitney.

i met other thru-hikers that year who trydged through the sierras, but they were only at Tahoe by mid-August due to the set backs from snow in the sierras.  i ran into three different groups of 2-5 hikers who all started in mexico; all of them said that the snow was just too much and none of them expected to finnish.  i remember one of them saying that only 14 people even maded in through the sierras that year.

that much snow was terrible for mosuitoes too.  we were nearly eaten alive a few times.

peace.
dude