[pct-l] Snow levels, Good for reservoirs, rough for Thru-hikers

 We are batting about 120 to 140% of snow fall for this time of year now.
Some ski areas are reporting more snow on their slopes than they had all of
last year. North to South trips will be down this year on the PCT for sure,
without at least flip flopping. Reservoirs are filling quickly after last
years drought as well. Oregon is in the same boat as well with 120 to 140 %
reports coming in. Remember, on the PCT when snow %'s are up , Thru-hike %
generally drop. The last 2 years  have been kind to the hiker as we have been
low in snow. This year , the honeymoon through the Sierra's and Cascades may
over with snow staying later on Forester and Goat Rocks in Washington. On
another note, I was reading my old National Geographic book on the PCT and
the authors were talking to Bob Norton on page 177. This book came out in
1975 and they were talking about Bob being the Snoqualmie Forest Districts
Trail Boss for 25 years and being a " weathered old guy". Well Bob is still
alive and kicking and is a trail angel in Skykomish near Stevens Pass and
lets hikers stay in his backyard. He is a good source of history on the old
Washington " Cascade Crest Trail" before the PCT