[pct-l] Re: Phantom Ranch

I was at Phantom Ranch for two nights in 94. It was
not bad, considering everything has to be hauled in by
mule. A cup of tea was a dollar. They serve meals 3
times a day, family style. Only my two companions ate
there, I cooked camp food, being too "cheap" to pay
those prices. We stayed in the bunk house, which you
must have reservations for.

They sell candy bars, and other small items. I wouldnt
resupply there unless its changed drastically.

A two hikers paid $30 bucks each for having their two
packs hauled out by mules. They didnt want to haul
them up Bright Angel trail. Here is where ultralight
really means alot.

Brawny

=====
A  taste of the wilderness is better than a platter of civilization. To walk in the wilderness is freedom--
http://www.trailquest.net
Please note the change of website address.  Thank you.

http://www.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ultralightersanonymous

---where the gearly afflicted gather