[pct-l] packs

Looks like we're all searching for the right pack...
several positive endorsements on that pack (or the
Cloud which I believe is the same except for slightly
heavier pack cloth and lower price).  I also received a
strong endorsement for the G4.  Tom's post is the first
that compares them and provides an alternative.
Frankly the gossamer appearance of the G4 put me off a
bit.  I went ahead and ordered a Flight because the
sale price was appealing.  Now I'm plagued with the
bane of gear heads, too many choices.
I hadn't looked at GoLite because I wasn't aware that
they had beefed up their suspension.  I'm assuming Tom
is describing the Gust.  I'm trying to make a
thoughtful transition to an ultralight style, but my 55
year old body still recoils from a totally minimalist
approach.  I like a few extra comforts, so am currently
targeting a packweight in the 14 pound range.  Does the
Gust have a suspension that will transfer enough of the
load to my hips?  How is the framesheet supported (no
stays?)?  How do the Flight and Gust suspensions
compare?
happy trails in 2002, Hobbit