[pct-l] Los Angeles Area Full Moon Hike, Sunday Dec. 30th

LAST CHANCE - THE END IS NEAR........for the last moonlight hike of the
year anyway!!

This month's moonlight hike will be this coming Sunday, Dec. 30th, in
Mandeville Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains. We will hike up the fire
road to the old Nike missile control site and then come down a trail on
the other side of the canyon for a nice easy loop. The hiking time will
be a little over 2 hours, with some time up on top to enjoy the view if
it isn't too cold. This is a fairly easy hike so come on out and work off
some holiday calories! It's not too cold to hike, really, just wear some
layers that will keep you warm to start and then take off a layer or two
as you get warmed up.

If you want to car pool from the South Bay, we meet near the South Bay
Galleria at the Park and Ride lot in front of Levitz Furniture (on
Kingsdale Ave). Please meet there by 4:15 so we can arrange car pools. We
will leave from there at 4:30 pm sharp!! (Please note the change in day
as well as the time!) We will try to be at the trail head by 5:20,
traffic permitting, and be hiking by 5:30 or before.

We will go north on the 405 to the 10, west to the 26th Street exit. Take
26th (it will change to Allenford Ave) until it "T"s at Sunset Blvd. and
go right. Just a short way on Sunset and turn left at Mandeville Canyon
Road (the first signal). It is about 5 miles from Sunset to Garden Land
Lane (on the left), which is where we will park, right at the trail head.
If there is no traffic on the 405, or if you are coming from the north on
the 405, get off on Sunset, go west to Mandeville and turn right. Garden
Land Road is almost at the end of Mandeville. My guess is that we will be
there between 5:15 and 5:30,  depending on traffic.

Please RSVP if you are going to meet us at the trail head, thanks.

Vic Hanson
310-787-7245