[pct-l] re: Tarp Fabric & Sources

Eric,

Last spring I purchased 12 yards of 1.3 silnylon (silicone impregnated =
1.1 ripstop) seconds at $2.75 per yard from Noah Lamport, Inc.  They =
sent me a bolt containing 19 yards of fabric -- 7 additional yard at no =
charge..  Two continuous sections were flawless -- one a little over 7 =
yards, the other about 3 yards.  Another 6 continuous yards were =
slightly flawed cosmetically by occasional streaks in the silicone.  =
These streaks were an 1/8 inch wide and resulted from a slight =
thickening of the silicone.  They occurred on only one side of the =
fabric and were noticeable only when the fabric was held up to a light.  =
The final 3 yards had a seam across it in addition to half a dozen flaws =
in the weave, areas where the weave had not been closed.  The last =
section, however, was completely waterproof, and it has made a very nice =
ground cloth.

Noah Lamport is at 2041 Blake Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90039.  Phone: =
800-548-6940.  Their minimum order is 10 yard.  Quest Outfitters =
(800-359-6931) also sells silnylon seconds.  And they have a very nice =
catalog, which they send out free of charge. Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics, =
Inc. (www.owfinc.com) sells silnylon firsts and seconds.  First quality =
is $9.37 per yard.

multipart/alternative
  text/html