[pct-l] re: MSR

No kidding.  I had a MSR water dromedary bag in 1996 and used for the
first time in the field (after rinsing it before I left) and it burned my
throat.  The only thing I had to carry a supply of water in for the long
haul across the desert was that damn dromedary, and it set my throat on
fire every time I used it.  When I got back home at the end of the year,
my Dad...who is an REI member got a "recall notice" saying that the bags
had been recalled do to some anti-fungal agent that would cause throat
irritation.

I also heard stories of people unhappy with their MSR waterworks filters,
maybe they have improved them in the last 5 years.  One guy told me he
smashed his with a rock because he got so frustrated with it.  Then there
was Pete Fish's MSR Whisperlite/Anti-Taliban Rocket Propelled Grenade
incident that he told me about, where the fuel bottle ignited and fired
off into the woods....twice.

Craig