[pct-l] the dog issue, sorry to have brought it up

No, I'm sorry.

I only gave my own opinion and didn't mean to start anything.  Since you
asked and were talking about a thru-hike, I didn't know you already did the
Sonora section.  Perhaps it would have been better than if you explained your
dogs experience beforehand.  If you think you and the dog can handle it,
fine, but it's not the AT or a few mile hike to a 14 footer.

Best of luck,  Sly

AaronandCory@netscape.net writes:

> Thanks for the advice, I knew I'd start this if I asked!
> We have already done the 50 miles to Sonora Pass, so that is okay.
>
> The dog does not carry a pack- I carry his water and food and sleeping pad
> and booties, if needed (no I'm not ultralight).  He's already done a
> successful thru-hike of the AT in '99 and has summitted 35+ 14er's here at
> home.  I know the responsibilities of hiking with a dog long distance and I
> accept the challenge.  Just looking for a little help to make my trip

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---