[pct-l] New PCT speed record?

While thru-hiking the PCT this summer I ran into (or rather, he ran into
me) a kind northbound thru-hiker covering 35-40 + miles per day by the
name of Stefan Lofgren and to the best of his knowledge he thinks that
he might have set a record at 83 days and 6 hours. He stumbled upon Mike
Pook and myself in northern California out of Castella while we were
cooking our meals directly on the PCT late one evening. We had a great
conversation then hiked a couple more miles to share a campsite. The
next morning he was up and gone never to be caught again and he was the
only hiker (besides Flyin' Brian) who did this to me!!!

Anyhow, I thought other's might like to visit his website which he sent
to me and I found very interesting, packed full of information about his
thru-hike including his lightweight gear list, answers to questions, and
more which he so graciously shares. It can be found at:
http://stefanlofgren.org/

Dave Brock "Lightningbolt" http://members.tripod.com/gohike