[pct-l] PCT Section I

>I was going from tree trunk to tree trunk in my running shoes, (no
crampons) trying to chop steps with my plastic self arrest ski pole
handle.After about 5 hours to go 3 miles . . .>

## Brick, that sounds an awful lot like my experience crossing Fuller Ridge
off Mt. San Jacinto in '94 - hard snow sloping down steeply through trees
where the bottom was a loooonnngg way down.  We'd decided to leave the
crampons behind with relatives in Hemet, just north of Idyllwild... (stupid,
stupid, stupid....)

Christine