[pct-l] Sierra Bear lore!

----- Original Message -----
From: <CMountainDave@aol.com>
To: <Montedodge@aol.com>; <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Sierra Bear lore!

>    How about a pack that doubles as a canister- maybe one piece of molded,
> box - shaped super strong, ultralite plastic with snap on compartments and
> lids, and with a state of the art suspension system - all at under 4
pounds.
> Are you listening Mr. Kelty?

I think a bear canister should be made out of titanium. It should open in
the middle (rather than have the lid at one end) so one half could be used
as a cooking pot. Thus, it is light weight, multi-functional and appeals to
gear heads that like titanium anything. :-)
Marcia, who carried the Garcia for Ken & Marcia