From: Christine Kudija [mailto:cmkudija@earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 12:33 PM
To: Marion Davison; Montedodge@aol.com; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Bear Canisters and their uses

Hi, all!  fwiw, I've been taking a class in Advanced Legal Writing this (my
very last! Yippee!) semester in law school.  Our last assignment is to write
a short essay on some issue that is interesting to us - it's called a
"thought paper" (not that I have many thoughts in my head about now...)

So I'm writing about .... the bear canister requirement.  Monte & Marion,
would it be ok with you if I quoted your recent posts?

The paper is essentially a rant about wildlife management responsibilities
being foisted onto the back of backpackers & others, especially PCT through
hikers.

Thanks!
Christine