[pct-l] Gear review: The G4 pack

Brian Robinson wrote:

>Finally, like all ultralight equipment, it cannot stand up to abuse.
>The stitching is more than adequate to hold it all together, but if
>any of it comes unravelled, a serious problem quickly develops.
>Watch the stitching and resew any failing seams immediately!  The
>silicone coated nylon is very strong, but cannot be dragged over
>rocks.  It has very little abrasion resistance.  So take very good
>care of the pack if you want it to last.

	This is much the experience I've had with mine.  All I'd add
to the above is that I wouldn't dare try doing airline travel with my
G4, where airport gorillas are throwing your pack around.   But while
I am mostly a frame pack user, I consider using my G4 if I'm going
under 30 lbs weight.

Kevin Corcoran