[pct-l] Aqua Mira for water purification

Hi all,

One piece of gear that worked really well for me this year was Aqua Mira for
water purification.  It comes in two bottles, one containing Clorine Dioxide
and the other containing Phosphoric Acid as an activater.  To treat a quart
of water, mix 7 drops of each chemical in the cap and in 5 minutes it makes
concentrated hydrogen peroxide.  That goes in the water and in 30 minutes
the water's potable.  There's almost no taste and it works for me.  I didn't
get sick this year in spite of drinking from some VERY questionable sources.

Good points:
The full bottles weigh just 3.4 ounces.
Hydrogen peroxide is used in many restaurants and water treatment plants for
sterilization of equipment.
It doesn't clog up or easily freeze.
It has almost no taste.
I didn't get sick.

Bad points:
Cost.  It's $11 for enough to purify 30 gallons of water.

For more information:
http://www.ldpcampingfoods.com/Aquamira.htm

Disclaimer:
I have no financial interest in Aqua Mira or LDP camping foods.

Flyin' Brian
Calendar Triple Crown '01