[pct-l] Re: NB 800's vs. Montrail Vitesse

On my PCT hike in both NB 801's and Montrail Vitesse I found the
Montrails to be MUCH hotter/less breathable than the NB 801's.  I trained
all spring in the Montrails in cool weather and loved them but my feet
fried in the desert heat.  The additional mesh, lighter color, and wider
width (4E) on the NB's really helped a lot and my feet problems went away
after I made the switch.  Not sure if the 803/04/05 or whatever has as
much mesh.  I still hike in Montrails (in cooler weather) and still like
them but be forewarned that they aren't optimal for heat.

Henry