[pct-l] Hiking Speed

In a message dated 11/17/2001 9:28:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lightningbolt94@hotmail.com writes:

> One thing that
> I have learned from long distance hiking over the years is that the
> small percentage of hiker's that tend to jump ahead of the pack and
> never let up are mostly looked upon as some sick, sick people (me
> included, thank you). But, I would also asess that "our" definition of
> sick is most likely very different than most peoples... and that's what
> I like best about us! Of course, I've always been an open-minded person
> and concerned hiker's like Brawney have even got me signed up for
> therapy:-)

LOL....  I'll have to agree!

Most people consider it *sick* when someone hikes 2600 miles, no matter what
their speed.  Next time you do a 3 and a half month thru-hike, you'll just
have turn around and head back, like another Dave did.  You'll be certifiable
then!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html