[pct-l] Dead dogs and horses - was Hiking with Disabilities

Ronald Moak wrote:

>Since neither you nor I know what Brian did or didn't say to the press, why
>don't we just let it rest. This dog's too long dead to keep kicking it
>around.

Ron -
I'm not sure about dead dogs, but there are standard business management
practices for dealing with dead horses.  Maybe they'd apply.  I'll let you
decide for yourself  :-))

Walk softly,
Jim

Ancient Wisdom as applied to Business Practice

Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead
horse, the best strategy is to dismount.  However, in business we often
try other strategies with dead horses, including the following:

   1. Buying a bigger whip.
   2. Changing riders.
   3. Saying "This is the way we always have ridden this horse."
   4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
   4A. Hire a consultant to study the horse.
   5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
   6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
   7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
   8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
   9. Comparing the state of dead horses in today's environment.
  10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
  11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
  12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
  13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
  14. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
  15. Do a CA Study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
  16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
  17. Declare that a dead horse is "better, faster and cheaper".
  18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
  19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
  20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
  21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.