[pct-l] Good Weather for PCT

 This year was as good as it gets for the thru-hiker on the PCT. Next year
maybe another story though. Deer hunting is in full swing here in Washington
with hunters claiming Bucks are fat as they've seen in awhile. This means
winter is going to have more snow than normal and we are due!! White Pass
North on the PCT is a top choice for winter use!! ( Easy grade with lots of
tree and low avalanche chance) Another great trip is to take the boat from
Chelan up the lake to Stehiken. From there , you can snowshoe  or ski up the
valley and options are endless.  Now is the time to see the PCT both in the
south and up North. ( Few people and fall colors) Speaking of fall colors,
this is one area that the AT rules at. New England states( I been know) is
tops . I may even have to hike the ( Ugh!) AT when I retire North to South
in 16 more years. After meeting several over 60 hikers, I feel with todays
gear, this is totally possible even for me!!!