Fwd: [pct-l] AAAHHHHRRRRIIIIBBBBAAAAHHHH!

Luke Snyder wrote:

>This "versus" question may apply to some, but for me
>and many of the others on this list, I'd like to ask
>another question.  Here goes.  After hiking and
>enjoying the PCT, is the entire experience tougher to
>hike another trail (either AT or CDT, knowing the
>blisters will last, muscles will ache for months, body
>will be damaged more, hunger pains will come sooner,
>and mental anguish will stir about)?

Luke -
If you wait two years after your first thruhike, your body will heal and
you'll forget all the "pain" stuff.  For some of us, the Trail is an
addiction - and we can't wait to get back out there.  There are others who
never think about it again.

>I don't mean to dowse his fire, but is anyone
>considering trying to "purist-like" thru-hike all
>three in the near future?

At this point in time, that's not possible - anyone who tells me that
they've done a "pure" CDT thruhike is a liar.  You can't do a "pure" hike on
a trail that hasn't even been designated yet.  So the "purist" Triple Crown
will have to wait - indefinitely, I hope  :-)

Walk softly,
Jim