[pct-l] ticket

hi,
i need some input from the list. last august, i backpacked from echo lake to
toulumne meadows. i used amtrak to and from the pct. the amtrak driver was
kind enough to let me off at little norway, saving me all the problems of
finding transportation back from the "y". i figured i would be able to get a
wilderness permit somewhere along the way. what i found was at each new
wilderness i came to had a self registering permit system for it's own area.
i entered yosemite nat'l park at dorothy lake pass. when i was less than
five miles from toulumne meadows, i ran into a ranger. i told him i had my
bear cannister, but i had two problems. one, i needed to know the schedule
was for the shuttle to the valley and if i still had time to catch it. and
two, i didn't have a wilderness permit. as it turned out, he wasn't much
help on the shuttle schedule and he gave me a ticket for $110.00 for not
having the permit. i've decided to contest the ticket on the grounds that it
was my intent all along to get a permit (after all, i volenteered the
information i didn't have one) but circumstance made it difficult or
impossible. what i need to know from the list is where is the district court
building in yosemite? and what are my chances on having the ticket thrown
out. thanks.