[pct-l] PCT Flashback!!!!!

Old gear??? I have a 1973 Northface down sleeping bag that was rated at -15
degrees. I have slept in it at -10 and was comfortable. I think in those days a
temperature rating was pretty reliable...unlike my Feathered Friends bag. After I
froze my a** off on the side of Mt Whitney in '99  I contacted Feathered Friends
and they told me their ratings were "survival ratings," and not comfort rating.
Hmmm, that is pretty misleading.
Tom in Sacramento