[pct-l] the jmt runners....

Sly- I resupplied at TM, Red's Meadows, and Muir Trail Ranch. MTR was a
bad choice. They advertise hiker services but the truth is they were
real jerks with us. My friend insisted on walking right past the trail
to VVR...that was a big mistake. I would resupply exactly like you
said...TM, Red's and VVR. Muir Trial Ranch does not deserve our
business.
Tom

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/19/2001 11:03:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> java2@ix.netcom.com writes:
>

>> They quit at Red's Meadows. It sounded like they kind of split up
>> and arrived at different times. Hey, at least they tried. I barely
>> made
>> the same trip in 16 days and thought I was moving right along!
>
> Yeah, I had meant to post something on this since I made the original
> post
> here.  I wonder if it would have helped running downhill from Mt
> Whitney!
> Either way, I can't imagine it, but I'm no runner.
>
> Tom, I'm curious as to which resupplies you used going south on the
> JMT?  A
> friend of mine wrote me tonight asking about a three week (or more)
> hike in
> the Sierras and I sugested the JMT southbound, with thoughts on TM,
> RM, VVR
> and Independance for resupply.
>
> Thanks, Sly

multipart/alternative