[pct-l] PCT purpose

I'm jus' a wannabe thru-hiker, reading all this stuff since last fall =
when I got this wild idea to walk around in the woods for a really long =
time....
  "But at this point, the list seems=20
  to be a thru-hiker/trail-angel list and not a general PCT=20
  list - at least it appears that way to me.
   =20
  Interestingly, there seems to be so much traffic of the th/ta=20
  genre that a list militantly devoted to that traffic would=20
  thrive.  However, the complement of posts (non th/ta) seem=20
  insufficient in number to comprise a viable list.  But this
  is not to say that your posts are not a form trail-angeling."
Picked up all sorts of good stuff on this list, including bean burrito =
for dinner!
I've only done a 35-mile stretch so far, but more to go!

I would say, right now, this instant, the only people posting are former =
thru-hikers and trail angels because most everybody else is on the long =
and dusty, working on being a thru-hiker.

Not to be dismayed! There's 2600 miles of room  to get lost in, all at =
once or a little bit at a time.

I'm just thankful I'm able to get out there, and very appreciative of =
all the points of view.=20
RenoRick

multipart/alternative
  text/html