[pct-l] Recipes -2 (Bananas Flambe & Fried/Baked Bananas)

BlankPlatanos Flameados (Bananas Flamb=E9)
(Great as a dessert or for bkft - delicious mixed with plain, hot =
oatmeal OR any hot/cold cereal!; also, a great reward/morale recipe; =
trailtested & trail used!).
Yields: 4 servings.

Note: The "best" banana for this recipe, and for cooking in general, is =
the "Platano Macho". So named for its large size and firmness. And, it =
carries well on the trail vs the standard banana. But, the regular =
banana works, too! When I purchase bananas (Regular or platanos) for =
trail use, & I'm not going to use them right away, I buy the greenest & =
firmest, the most immature ones!

4 bananas (These bananas are large, 1 could feed 2 people; How hungry =
are U?)
1 orange
1 lime (or lemon)
2 oz. Rum (options: Flavor with rum extract; substitute fruit-flavored =
or maple pancake syrup)
1/2 cup brown sugar
cinnamon
butter

Peel the bananas and cut into bite-sized chunks. Place them in a skillet =
and sprinkle with sugar and juice of 1/2 lime. Peel the orange and =
divide into sections. Melt the butter in the skillet and brown the =
bananas, gently turning them to brown them evenly on all sides. Sprinkle =
with cinnamon and the rest of the sugar. Add the orange sections and =
continue to saut=E9 until the sugar is caramelized. Serve it up in =
Sierra cups (plastic bowls & even with a tiny flame - don't mix). Heat =
the rum (or syrup) in the skillet over low heat and pour over the =
bananas, ignite the rum (doesn't work with syrup), let it die out, and =
eat it up.

OR

Melt some butter. Spread four squares of foil out & place 1 banana, cut =
lengthwise, in each square of foil. Pour butter over bananas. Add orange =
sections to each banana. Sprinkle with the lime juice. Sprinkle with =
sugar and cinnamon. Pour rum (or syrup) over each. Seal each banana =
carefully (no leaks) in foil (& dbl wrap!) and bake in embers or in your =
"camp oven" (for 10 minutes at 350F). OR hold the rum until after the =
banana has baked, pour, & ignite. Eat out of foil.

Comments: If you never flamb=E9ed before, please do this @ home 1st, =
just to get a "feel" of what you're doing & what to expect. The more rum =
you use, the bigger & longer the flame burns. That's why I only use 1/2 =
oz per banana - for a small, quick flame. (Note: Don't add rum to an =
existing flame or your "controlled" flame will get "out-of-control"!) If =
you don't want the flame, don't ignite!

I've never tried using rehydrated (dried) bananas. If you do, let me =
know how it turns out!
-------------
FRIED BANANAS
Yields: 1 serving.

1 banana for each person=20
1 spoonful of butter=20
2 spoonfuls of sugar/brown sugar=20
1 spoonful of cinnamon
=20
Put butter in pan. When butter is melted, put in bananas. Add sugar and=20
cinnamon when banana begins to brown.
OR, wrap in foil & place in embers
OR, bake in trail oven
(becomes "Baked Bananas"). Eat up!