[pct-l] southbound PCT hiker spotted /snow in wa

Went out on table mountain today north of the bridge of the gods.  They
are clear-cutting a 1/4 mile long swath right to the left and up to the
PCT about a mile or so south of Gilette Lake.

I met a southbounder who I can't remember his name.  He was from Scotland
and started in the North Cascades since he didn't want to go into Canada
to deal with crossing the border and such.  He was stopping for a couple
days in Cascade Locks.  Anyone know who I'm talking about or what his
trail name is?

He said the goat rocks weren't that big of a deal to cross
snow-wise...alpine lakes area was another story though.

CG