[pct-l] Vegetarian "Sausage"

Blank
Vegetarian "Sausage"

This recipe is so versatile. From the ways it can be prepared to =
substitutions, variations, or additions possible.
I've used tofu (firm/xtra firm), brown rice, wild rice, couscous, =
bulgur, nuts/seeds, nut butters (peanut, cashew, etc), dried fruits, =
other legumes (lentils, split peas, black beans, garbanzos, etc). If it =
got too dry & mealy, I would try small amounts of juices or veg./meat =
flavored broth. Changing the seasonings to enhance the flavors of the =
substitutions, additions, etc. Even substituting or omitting the batter =
&/or breading components.

2 c cooked soybeans
1 c cooked dry lima beans
1 c cooked dry navy beans
2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp paprika
1 TBSP melted butter
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/8 tsp summer savory
opt. Generous Tbsp hickory smoked liquid
-----
1 beaten egg
2/3 c milk
1 c cornmeal
(opt. Mix in with the cornmeal, 1/8-1/4 c Nutritional or Brewer's yeast)

Preheat oven to 500F. Process the beans thru a food processor or meat =
grinder, twice, once with the coarse blade, 2nd time with the fine =
blade. Add spices/herbs (opt-add the liquid smoke). Mix thoroughly. =
Shape mixture into patties. Combine egg & milk. Dip patties in the =
egg-milk mixture, then into the cornmeal. Place patties on a well-oiled =
cookie sheet & bake until browned on all sides, turning during baking. =
Or, fry up in a skillet. Keeps on the trail for 2-3 days.

Note: It can be prepared @ camp, providing the beans are cooked, =
processed, spices/herbs added, & dehydrated @ home 1st. Rehydrate, using =
the least amount of water, dip in the egg-milk mix, & bread with the =
cornmeal. Fry it up.

I usually make a few batches:
1) 1 batch - That I completely prepare @ home, for the 1st few days.
2) & a few "batches", where I rehydrate what I need @ camp, dip & bread, =