[pct-l] Introduction

Greetings to all on the list.  My name is Dave Johnson, live in
southern Minnesota, and am new to the list.  Will retire the middle of
July and am contemplating a south to north thru-hike in 2002.  My hiking
experience is limited to 3-4 day trips in the Tetons.  My basic equipment
is old; a Lowe Expedition pack and a Svea 123.  Nothing else is serviceable
anymore so am open to lots of suggestions: equipment, food, planning,
training, resupply, etc.  My knowledge for this endeavor is at "0" so
everything should help.  Thanks for any help.

DJ

--- David Johnson

--- dlmaj@earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.