[pct-l] more ed abbey quotes

More Ed Abbey quotes:

A crude meal, no doubt, but the best of all sauces is hunger.=20

I'm a humanist; I'd rather kill a man than a snake.=20

Is there a God? Who knows? Is there an angry unicorn on the=20
dark side of the moon?=20

Whatever we cannot easily understand we call God;=20
this saves much wear and tear on the brain tissues.=20

It may be true that there are no atheists in foxholes.=20
But you don't find many Christians there, either. Or,=20
about as many of one as the other.=20

Belief in God? An afterlife? I believe in rock:=20
this apodictic rock beneath my feet.=20

>From the point of view of a tapeworm, man was created=20
by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm.=20

What's the difference between the Lone Ranger and God?=20
There really is a Lone Ranger.=20

God is love? Not bloody likely.=20

Mormonism: Nothing so hilarious could possibly=20
be true. Or all bad.=20

There's another disadvantage to the use of the flashlight:=20
like many other mechanical gadgets it tends to separate a man=20
from the world around him. If I switch it on my eyes adapt to it=20
and I can see only the small pool of light which it makes in front=20
of me; I am isolated. Leaving the flashlight in my pocket where it =
belongs,=20
I remain a part of the environment I walk through and my vision though=20
limited has no sharp or definite boundary.=20

 - thank you ed for desert solitaire !

Steve

multipart/alternative
  text/html