[pct-l] Kick Off & Triple Crown

I had a great time at this years kick off and I just want to thank Greg
Hummel,
Bob Reiss, Tom Reynolds, and all the other folks that help make this years
kick off a great success, Good job guys. Also thanks to all the people that
put
out water along the dry sections of trail.
At the kick off I just couldn't believe how many of us 2000 PCT hikers were
there,
it seem like every hour or so someone I hiked with last year would show up.
Anyway, it was nice seeing those friends again and talking about all the
experiences we had hiking the PCT.
After the kick off I hiked with Monte, Swiss Miss,Luzia, (both Swiss & Luzia
came
from Switzerland to attend the kick off and hike for two weeks) I also hiked
and became friends with several 2001 hikers NIck, Dave, Anne, Steven, Tony,
and Ray, I hiked with them from Lake Morena to Warner Springs. It was hard to
say goodby that day at Warner Springs, and I can say from experience when I
start hiking the PCT it's very Difficult to stop.
Special thanks to Greg and Tony (Trail Mix) for taking me to and from LAX,
Monte
for the ride to Diamond Bar, and the 2001 thru-hikers that let me be a part
of
there trek.
Now for some triple crown news, several 2000 PCT hikers including myself are
planning to hike the CDT next year, and I think for most of us that will be
the
last trail to complete the triple crown.
Jeff Z.