[pct-l] Number of Starters Slowing Down

I took my final two of 40 starters to the monument at 0530 today.  There =
were only two names in the book for yesterday, May 10.  Both of these =
folks, Jen Doebler and Bill Schoenberg have stayed with me before and =
both are very grateful for the kindness of the water stashers.  The =
value of the stashed water becomes clearly evident when you consider =
what a hiker would have to do to stash for himself. Arrive and rent a =
car at the SD airport.  Drive several hundred miles, paying for the =
rental plus gas at two bucks/gallon. Stash at least 2 gallons in each of =
three locations.  Return the rental car, and get out to Campo, and HOPE =
the water is still there when needed.  All this running around would =
take at least 24 hours and cost at least 100 bucks.  Multiply this by =
300 and you have an idea of the value of the unselfish efforts of the =
volunteer water stashers.  Hike on!! Bob Riess

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---