From: Tom Hopkins <java2@ix.netcom.com>
To: ny74@hotmail.com
CC: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] G4 packs?

I have a G4 and love it. I don't know how Glen can make a 11.7 oz pack so
comfortable. It is very comfortable with 25 or so pounds. My normal base
pack
weight is around 12-13 lbs. It handles that easily even with a weeks food.
The
only thing I wouldn't recommend is putting a bear cannister in one. I did
that
for 5 days last year over the Yosemite washboard and mailed it home from
Sonora
Pass. Other than that I would give it an A+.
Happy Trails
Tom Hopkns
Sacramento Ca
*