[pct-l] Water Stashes

I came home from the ADZ to find that someone had called regarding the water
stashes and instead of getting me, they talked to my father-in-law.
Apparently they were pretty upset that there wasn't any water and wanted to
know why.  They must have found a 3 year old note that I attached to a stash
that was put out in Oroflame Canyon.  As I recall, I indicated on the note
that the water was for PCT hikers only and take only what you absolutely
require and please call me at the next town if you find no water there so
that it could be re-supplied.

I cannot believe the attitude that this person portrayed and can only hope
that this was meant to be some kind of joke. If so, and any of you know about
this, please let me know.

As said before on the list many times by many people, the water stashes are
put out for emergency purposes only, at the supplier's convenience and grace
and are not to be counted on for critical water supply or in an attempt to
carry less weight.

DO NOT COUNT ON THEM, RELY ON THEM OR GET UPSET IF BY CHANCE YOU FIND A STASH
EMPTY.  TOO F%*KING BAD!

This was completely contrary to the attitude shown by every single individual
that I met at the ADZ.

Greg "Strider" Hummel