Some inaccuracies: Re: [pct-l] More about tents and tarps.

I actually attach my ground cloth to the tent bottom via the edges- more
or less permanently; then when the gc wears out I attach a new one-

My latest ground cloth weighs in at just abour 6 ounces for 38 square feet!
(It is old 2 mil thick 30 gal garbage bags taped together and sealed with a
folded seam and
tape.) :-)

Throughout Europe I used the plastic bags some fruit came in and opened
those up and taped together...In two months of Alpine Hiking I used
about 10 bags.