[pct-l] Feathered Friends...

I was in Seattle a few weeks ago and kind of stumbled on to the
Feathered Friends Store/Factory. I told the woman how much I liked my FF
bag, but I didn't think the temperature rating was correct. I had my
Swallow overblown with 2 oz of down and it was rated at ten degrees. I
spent a pretty chilly night bivying on Mt Whitney 2 yrs ago and my water
bottle didn't even freeze. When I told her that she said that the rating
was a survival rating...not a warmth rating. I don't know if there is an
industry standard for temperature ratings, but I have a 25yr old
Northface that was rated at -15 degrees and was warm -10 for sure.
Tom in Sacramento