[pct-l] Feathered Friends and Frogg Toggs

Just offering my personal experiences with:

Feathered Friends- My mother has the Lark, my boyfriend has the Swallow
and the Rock Wren, and I have the Lark and the Rock Wren, plus a custom
lightweight quilt on order.  Every bag we have purchased arrived SOONER
than they originally indicated, and every bag was LIGHTER than their
listed specifications.  One of my bags was 3 ounces lighter, even though I
ordered 2 ounces of overfill.  And when I once had a concern about my bag,
they were happy to inspect it and make repairs.  I love this company and
will continue to sing their praises.  I know others have different
experiences...just offering mine.

Frogg Toggs- Awesome.  Very strong for their weight.  Mine have never
torn, and I've hiked 800+ miles with them so far.  I got mine for $65, and
at under a pound for the suit, you just can't hope for better.  I really
REALLY like the jacket with the collar snap at the neck.  It makes it very
convenient for wearing the jacket backwards.  I hardly ever wear the
jacket the "correct" way now while hiking.  One note--they are very
flammable.  While sitting a little too close to a campfire, I got a few
sparks on the arm.  In a few little tiny spots, the fabric just completely
melted away (thankfully NOT right on my arm), and in other spots, the
outer colored threads melted while the under white plastic-looking
material stayed put.  Just remember to roll up your sleeves when cooking,
as with almost any of our hiking clothes.

Thats all.  There has been some chatter about both of these companies
lately, and I wanted to offer my feelings.  I gone through lots of
sleeping bags and rain gear in the past.  I think I've finally settled on
these products for a while.

Enjoy the spring!

Firefly