[pct-l] FW: Golite Raingear

Hello, my name is Mike and this is my first post.  I'm section hiking the
trail.  I have most of So Cal finished.  I like this bulletin board and I've
learned a lot already, after only a couple weeks of reading emails.

Just another opinion on the Breeze Golite pack:

   I just finished about a week of section hiking in Southern Calif-the San
Felipe Hills included- and here are just a few comments:

   I had a few stitches break at the top of the shoulder straps like others
have said, although it didn't hinder its performance.
   I didn't mind the shoulder straps at all.  I was wondering how my
shoulders would do since I've always used a waist belt before.  On the morn
after my first day-around 18 miles-they were a bit sore, but the soreness
faded that day and nver bothered me again.  After this exp., I don't see(or
feel) the need for a waist belt.  I do find my self supporting the weight of
the pack on my arms every now and then to give my shoulders a brief rest and
that worked really well.  I would just put my hands together under the packs
weight behind my back.
    Those are the things that stuck out while I was walking.  I didn't walk
in rain, but I'll be watching out for what was said below. Overall, I
thought the pack did very well and I doubt I'll go back to a 5, 6, 7(etc) lb
pack again.  I would say that it is ideally suited for when the weight is
less than 30-35 lbs.  I had to carry a lot water walking thru the San Felipe
Hills, and it felt like it was pulling off or away from my back a bit, but
it didn't bother me much.  It's so great that someone out there is trying to
making an effort at super lightweight gear. I wish more were.