[pct-l] Detour north of Belden

Thanks for your response.  However, just because the USFS has closed it
doesn't mean it can't be hiked, albeit with some effort.  In fact, I know
some have hiked it despite the closure.  There are, of course, degrees of
closure, depends on the degree of the problem and safety issues.  I tend to
want to know why for myself, rather than just accepting authority.  Just
call me a doubting (or hoping) Thomas.  Or maybe it's just my rebellious
thru-hiker nature.
And the last question about when it might be repaired or reopened was merely
curiosity.  Might suggest something about USFS funding and priorities, or
alternatively, about the nature and degree of the problem.  Simple, less
problematic issues might get fixed sooner than difficult, expensive ones.  I
have known trail "detours" that became permanent due to lack of resources to
fix the problem with the original trail.  I might also add that the issue
could be of interest to serious trail purists who want to hike as much as
possible of the designated trail.
The original question about the detour was prompted by common comments of
the detour as steep, hot, and dry, and, at least on maps, the original PCT
looks much nicer.

So all that was just by way of explanation of my original question about
which I am still wondering.  Again, thanks for the answer.  Happy Easter to
all.  JHH