[pct-l] No Subject

<I would be interested to find out if the Ranger's wood pile was local wood.
I would be willing to bet my favorite cathole trowel that we (taxpayers)
paid some pretty big $ to have a NPS contractor bring that firewood in from
outside <VBG>.
 Charlie, you have got to be kidding me. This camp was at least 5 miles and
2000' from the nearest road and even the NPS isn't dumb enough to helicopter
several cords of wood into one of the densest forests on Earth. All the wood
stacked there AND the material for that backcountry shelter could have come
from 1/3 of a single downed 200 ft. Douglas Fir. So you miss my point
entirely. It is one of NPS credibility
   I'm not going to discuss LNT any further. The subject has been played out
as far as I'm concerned. I'm quite satisfied with my LNT ethics. I pick up
the trash from others, never leave so much as a peach pit or dental floss,
crap 100 yards from camp and water, even make an attempt to hide my
toothpaste spit and I don't have campfires where wood is obviously scarce.
And I support quotas in over used areas. As far as I'm concerned that's good
enough and from what I saw on the PCT others are doing the same. So surely
it's way past time to "educate" us on some other obsession. However, I am
willing to modify my credo to: No rules, just ETHICAL decisions. (Actually,
that was it all along)