[pct-l] beneficial fire addendum

At 11:34 AM 4/11/01, Steve Courtway wrote:
>Oops, also not permitted because depleting the already sparse downed
>wood supply takes away food from the aforementioned microorganisms as well.

I think there are two different "types" of fire that are being confused here.

One is an intentional fire, such as in a fire ring.

The other is a "natural" wildfire, which was the topic of the original post

I don't think the elevation based NP regulations on "fires" would have any effect on the latter.