[pct-l] Agua Dulce Packages & Century 21

Friends,

As indicated in my last post, I checked with the Century 21 office in =
Agua Dulce to find out their hours and the package situation.  Here's =
what I found out:

Yes, the new Century 21 office in Agua Dulce is accepting hiker =
packages.  Many of you knew Bernice Canutt who ran the old office . . . =
Bernice is elsewhere and it's now called Century 21 Palmieri, and has =
new owners and a new location a few doors down from the old one.  They =
said they'd love to take hiker packages, and meet the hikers.  They are =
open seven days a week, from approximately 9 to 5, although if they're =
all out showing real estate the office can be locked up during those =
business hours without warning.

I asked them if they'd ever done this before or if they knew how many =
packages they could expect.  They answer was no; I tried to give them an =
idea of how many packages have come into Agua Dulce in the past few =
years, especially during peak season.  They had NO idea that there were =
as many packages as come through (these new folks have never done this =
before and are unfamiliar with the scope) and indicated that they have =
very little storage space.  They seem to make up for small storage space =
with big hearts, which is all that is required anyway.=20

The number of hikers coming through has grown tremendously in the past =
few years since the old Century 21 office handled packages.  For the =
past two years, we've had 230+ hikers stay at our place during the =
course of the regular season, and most (not all) get at least one =
(usually several) packages while they're here.  That doesn't account for =
the many packages of those who never make it here but have sent packages =
ahead.  Roughly 500 +/- have begun the trail in the past two years.  =
There are many packages who's owners never get here and the packages =
languish.  I'd guess that we seen at least 750 packages come through =
A.D. from May through July in each of the past two years.  We have =
offered to the folks at C21 that if the onslaught or volume of packages =
gets to be too much for them, we are more than happy to take any =
overflow they can't handle. =20

We will continue to accept packages at our place, free of charge, along =
with all the other amenities of our Hiker Heaven that we hope that you =
will stop and enjoy (also free of charge).  We will hold, reroute, and =
mail packages for anyone.  We have Stamps.com and scales so you can ship =
from here.  It's all part of our service to hikers that, for some reason =
I can't completely explain, we just love to do.=20

So, dear adventurers, you have a choice of where to send your packages =
in A.D.  The address for the Century 21 office is: 33302 Agua Dulce =
Canyon Road, Agua Dulce, CA 91350.  Their phone is 661.268.8080. =20

Take care, and good luck in all your preparations.  We look forward with =
great anticipation to meeting all the new friends that will be coming up =
the trail this year.  Our door and our hearts are open for you all.

-=3DJeff & Donna Saufley=3D-
dsaufley@sprynet.com

multipart/alternative
  text/html