[pct-l] Nike, etc.

>     hmmmm ... how quick we forget history: sounds like western
>  pennsylvania ca. 1910, where our ancestors, fresh off of the boat from
>  [fill in the blank] were busting ass in front of an open hearth or in a
>  murkey coal mine so WE could go to college and have time to hike!
> yes how soon we forget,actually our ancestors in the coal and steel
industries worked under  slavelike conditions paid barely enough to feed
there families(often in company script). if you complained you were fired
,thrown out of your company house and blacklisted in the industries. in a
one industrie region this could(and did) mean starvation for your whole
family.

,i buy buy those products in part so those "slaves" can have the
>  opportunity to evolve as we did ... or am i missing something here, do
here is the point your missing. how can you evolve when your working for
just enough to barely feed your familiy? when there is no chance to better
your condition?

>  "underdeveloped" countries have a better alternative?. a world trade
>  embargo [and in our case boycot of nike, et al] seems selfish since it
> right now they don`t now have a better alternative,but if people in the
u.s. keep up the pressure on nike(and companies like them) we maybe able to
help them get a better alternative,and like it or not the only way to get
the attention of a huge corporation is through there cash flow, when
coporate profits go down they start to listen.
when i purchase camping gear i like to know what kind of company im dealing
with,and I try not to  deal with the most blatent offenders.i may get cold
and wet sometimes but i sleep better knowing im not helping to exploit woman
and children.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/