[pct-l] Snow report for San Bernardinos

Howdy listers,
Yesterday, I did a motorcycle ride around Mount San Gorgonio (on roads
8^) that included SR 38 which runs near the PCT (at least in '79 it
did).  The road went up to 8400' at Onyx Summit.  Southern slopes at
that altitude were snow free but the northern slopes were mostly
snowcovered with patches of dirt showing through.  I'd say the northern
slopes were more snow than dirt down to around 7500'.  It was warm and
sunny so melt off is probably substantial.  FWIW
      Jeff Jones