[pct-l] Tarp v. Tent

And a Hennessy Hammock would work best of all.......=o)
Jerry
----- Original Message -----
From: <CMountainDave@aol.com>
To: <cmkudija@earthlink.net>; <Catjlin@aol.com>;
<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Tarp v. Tent

Oops! That'll teach me to try and see the other side of the story! Actually,
I'm a tent person and carried one in S. Cal during my through hike and yes I
did experience one nasty storm. Low 20's on June 1st and 4 in. snow. Who'd a
thunk it! ( I "entered" a boy scout cabin somewhere in the San Gabriels -
Camp Glenwood I think it was- to escape the chill) and yes the ants were
everywhere. ( I got some really nasty bites when I sat in a pile of them at
dusk one evening - Does anyone know if there are fire ants in S. Cal.?)
Guess
I was thinking of flying bugs. But still, a tarp would work in S. Cal better
than in soggy Wa. don't you think?