[pct-l] Shelter Cove

Hi - just found your message today. I usually don't go into the forum site -
my post originally went onto PCT-L and Ron Moak forwarded it to the PCTA
site. Was just curious tonight to see if anyone had posted a responce, and
was surprised to find your message.

Shelter Cove is historically the same general area as Cascade Summit (which
may be how it's listed in the Data Book - don't have it on me right now.)
There's a lot of conflicting info as far as which address is the correct one
to use for a maildrop there. For the moment I wouldn't trust the Data Book
one until it's confirmed. I didn't use it as a maildrop last August because
I got off there to visit friends, and when I went through in '98, I think I
sent to an old/different address.   One thing to be aware of - hikers last
year had heard that maildrops could only be received via UPS, but when they
got there, found out that US
Mail would have worked fine. Sending from Ashland, UPS is much more
inconvenient than the PO.

I'm sending this out to the PCT mailing list as well. Perhaps someone there
can confirm the current address for Shelter Cove Resort.

wc

---original message - sent to PCTA Forum site around Feb. 25, 2001---

Thanks for your generous offering of information Weathercarrot, which has
caused me to totally re-work my resupply strategy. I'm up to Oregon now but
couldn't find anything mentioned in the Data book about "Shelter Cove
Resort" where I would also like to receive a maildrop. Can you let me know
exactly where that is and any other info? Thanks again for your enormous
help!

Dave Brock (Lightningbolt)
http://members.tripod.com/gohike