[pct-l] san diego trail angel

someone asked about this post.

Steve "helpin' out" Courtway

"ROBERT E RIESS" <CDRRIESS@prodigy.net>  writes:

Again this year I will be happy to assist hikers in their trailhead =
logstics
in and around San Diego. Last year it was my pleasure to host 31 hikers =
in
15
groups. Generally, these were folks who responded to my post on this =
list.
I would meet them at the airport, train or bus station, have them stay
awhile, one
to three nights, at my home, and drive them to the trailhead in Campo.
Hikers' needs and desires varied, but we often made a pilgimage to REI =
or
Adventure 16.  Some asked me to pick up fuel they couldn't mail.  In =
all, it
was a pleasure to meet the hikers.

If you are hiking this year, email your arrival time and location in San
Diego and I will do all I can to meet you and get you out to the trail.  =
will be attending the third ADZPCTKO at Lake Morena Campground the
weekend of April 28. .  I am a school teacher, in the classroom
from 7am to 2:30pm M-F.  I can pick up at the airport at 3pm and I have =
made
the Campo run (many times) for a first-light start and been at work on =
time.
Last year, I hosted hikers from March 17 to May 7.

Good luck to the Class of 2001.

Hike on !!  Bob Riess at the TrailHead in San Diego.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---