[pct-l] Self-Arrest Instruction

I took a one day class on Mt. Shasta several years ago through a
mountaineering store in Shasta City (? the main town at the base of the
mountain).  It was a decent class, though not high-level.  It gave us
at least the knowledge about what we were supposed to do if falling, how
to hike in various types of snow-fields, and so forth.
Practice is the only thing that will give you the skills, so try to take
the class and then to make a trip or two to practice on your own.