[pct-l] Down vs Synthetic

<< what would folks recommend for a thru hike a down or synthetic bag? I know
down is lighter but am concerned with the wet weather probability in
Washington. >>

Spaceman --  Having shared your concern about wet down, I chose a 35 degree
synthetic bag from REI.  It was adequate most of the time.  However, even
with an OR Standard bivy and all my clothes on, there were some cold nights
in northern Washington.  Hey, this is the price you pay for "lightweight,"
right?  I'll defend my decision, but there is another choice.

My son Brian is packing a down bag on his Triple Crown attempt.  It's a
Feathered Friends Hummingbird bag, long, Epic Shell w/ 2 oz overfill --  35.9
ounces.  It's lighter (if you add my bivy), and warmer.  It's also a bunch
more expensive.  You make the call.