[pct-l] Starting before April...opinions?

<< Just curious about the List's consensus on starting a solo thru-hike prior
to the Kick-Off (late April). Would like to hear opinions on snow pack,
"illegals," water, isolation, and services that might be closed early in the
season. >>

You'll get a little more water in the desert (good) and a little more snow
(not so good).  Somewhere in the Sierra you'll hit the peak runoff (not so
good, but everybody is going to face that).  You're just going to hike
through more snow before you get to the peak runoff.

Whether the isolation of solo hiking is good or bad, is your call.  From my
own experience, it can be intense and, in many ways, rewarding.  You may also
learn to appreciate company.

I say, "Go for it!  Deal with the problems!"  If you feel so inclined, hitch
back to make the ADZPCTKOP.  I'm sure someone there will get you back to
whatever trailhead you like.