[pct-l] (Guest Post) HIKE COTTONWOOD PASS TRAIL TO MT. WHITNEY

><< PLEASE SEND INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TRAIL. I WIIL GO IN AGUST 2001. I
>NEED
>TO KNOW IF THE TRAIL IF DIFICULT . SINCERLY RIGFO >>
>
>This is a beautiful hike.  The trail should be open and, as far as I know,
>in
>good condition.
....etc.

Ditto!  If you have any experience hiking in the Sierras, this section
should not present any unusual difficulties.  And if you can spare the extra
day, you might consider making the side trip to climb Mt. Langley.  It's
slightly more of a challenge than Whitney, but still doesn't require any
climbing equipment or special expertise.  Do be careful if you're
unaccustomed to Sierra weather:  plan to be off the summit by mid-day.  The
approach to Langley is high and exposed and would not be a good place to be
in a thunderstorm!