[pct-l] Seeking Advice on PCT footwear

<< Still trying to figure out if I should plan on the Limmers for the PCT or
 are the descents shallow enough (I know they're long) that my toes will be
 OK in a pair of boots that really aren't narrow enough and won't hold my
 heels back. >>

As I said, I prefer boots.  My son Brian tells me that the AT (which he is
hiking right now) is MUCH steeper than the PCT.  However, you've just got to
protect your toes when you're faced with 6000 feet of unrelenting downhill.
(As, for example, Mt. San Jacinto to I-10.)  There are many places where the
elevation changes 4000 feet or more, but you know that.  Hikers have ugly
feet.

I haven't tried this with boots, but would a 1/8 inch foam pad on TOP of your
foot help keep your toes from hitting the front of your boots?  It works with
trail running shoes (which, for some reason even New Balance doesn't make in
narrow widths.)

Hey, John Volhoff, any additional advise for the "skinny foot" crowd?